Full-Time Assistant Manager – Foods, Beverages & General Store
Maraenui Price Cutter is an established foods, beverages and general store serving its local
community, offering a full range of groceries, daily dairy needs, ATM services, beers & wines and
now coffees and a wide range of takeaway meals. This busy store is looking for a 2 IC Assistant
Manager capable of assisting the store manager to manage all aspects of the smooth running of this
multi-dimensioned retail outlet. The management staff will be responsible for ensuring that the
store operates in an efficient manner where the promotion, staffing, product quality, visual
merchandising and meal quality are of high standards. The role of the Assistant Manager is to
support the manager in achieving the profitability standards required in this comprehensive retail
operation. It is envisioned that the recent addition to the takeaways section will ultimately offer a
comprehensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. The café/takeaway will cultivate and maintain a
reputation for quality customer service. In providing this service the Assistant Manager must have
the training and experience to co-ordinate with the Store Manager and in his or her absence,
deputise as necessary. The Assistant Manager will also carry out a core role in the training of support
staff as baristas, and culinary duties.
Specific Duties shall include:
1. Assisting the Store Manager in the functioning and smooth operation of the store, café-takeaway and having the ability to act as Store Manager in his/her absence.
2. Ensuring that all team members provide customers with efficient and friendly, service on a consistent basis and reporting back on team performance to the Store Manager.
3. Constantly monitoring, coaching and encouraging team members to meet the Company’s service standards.
4. Assisting the Store Manager in hiring new staff.
5. Maintaining high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store including the café-takeaway areas with particular regard to appearance, merchandising and all basic equipment maintained in full working order.
6. Responding proactively to prevent and resolve customer concerns before they are escalated to the Store Manager.
7. Assisting the Store Manager in maintaining records of stock levels.
8. Taking orders and serving customers.
9. Using customer feedback to continuously improve service delivery.
10. Planning menus in consultation with the Store Manager.
11. Managing the training of baristas and support staff with a training plan developed jointly with the Store Manager.
12. Training, managing and supervising support staff.
13. Ensuring that the café-takeaway workspaces are maintained in a clean and hygienic state.
14. Planning daily and weekly staff rosters in conjunction with the Store Manager
15. Assisting the Store Manager in maintaining proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures including bank deposits and safety procedures.
16. Informing the Store Manager of any health and safety incidents and ensuring that affected staff complete the required incident reports.
17. Contributing information to the Store Manager on performance appraisals for the store and café-takeaway staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in hospitality
- Proven Barista and Culinary Skills
- Licence Controller Qualifications
- Food Safety Qualifications
- Familiarity and knowledge in retail trading, preferably in a specialty café/coffee outlet.
- Assistant management experience in a specialty cafe or food establishment preferred.
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Proficient use of a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word,
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills and customer service skills
How to ApplySend applications to: email@example.com Apply with a full CV and contacts for 2 referees. Candidates meeting our requirements will be contacted after applications close at 4 pm on 8 July 2019.
610 total views, 1 today